Friday, March 27, 2009

2+ Years!

Since John hasn't been able to share the last couple of adventures with me I decided sharing my most amazing adventure is important; John and I have been together for more than 2 years! Yes, I realize this is a miracle for me...not married and not divorced yet! Quite an accomplishment. We have been through quite a lot together in 2 short years; my shoulder surgery, a multitude of races around the country, the passing of John's dad, my father's knee surgery, John's type B "get there when I want to" approach to life versus my type A "I have to be there early and give everyone else a ride" approach, John's late night projects and my early morning start to the day, his dog and my cats, my wine and he's beer, meeting my family in Homer, spending time with his family on Sunday's, he can fix anything and I can only work the internet, taking care of his mom, finding time to visit my family and on and on...
There were days when I thought we would never survive primarily because I can't slow down and he can't speed up...but fortunately I am learning to chillax and he has learned to step it up when necessary. It certainly isn't always easy but he has brought so much balance to my life. He asks me hard questions and always tries to help me solve my challenges. He is able to smile at me and laugh at me and after my initial "are you laughing at me" defense mechanism shuts down I am able to laugh at myself too. John is the most honest, genuinely kind and thoughtful man I have ever met. He has no ego and no agenda except to enjoy life and take care of the important people in his life. He is patient; funny and potentially the best hugger around...ask any of the women!
I am very grateful he has the patience to put up with my annoying type A, can't slow down, and can’t focus on one thing at a time life style. I am grateful he is still by my side and we are looking ahead at all the great adventures we have coming...Australia 2009, cutting trees in Winter Park, adventure races and most importantly relaxing, playing guitar and enjoying good food and wine!
I don't tell him enough how important he is to me so if he ever reads this blog he will know what you now know. He means the world to me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! To you both. How wonderful life is.

Anonymous said...

OOPS that was from me...Bethann LOL

Tyler Walton said...

I am a better person for know the Beth and John that I know. Good job keeping oil and water in the same glass. Most say you cant mix it but who cares it's still together and thats what important!!!!

goSonja said...

Coming from another opposites attract relationship, I can say that it's "interesting", yet "enlightening". You two make a great pair, and it's clear that John loves you very much.

:) Congratulations on 2 years.

Sally Williams said...

Congrats, Beth! On the phone with you now...

surprise! said...

you deserve every moment of happiness life brings ... your big sis

24 Hours to go...

24 Hours to go...

Steamboat Triathlon

Steamboat Triathlon
The Best Fans Ever!

2008 Adventures Start in Moab

2008 Adventures Start in Moab
John and Beth at Delicate Arch