Sunday, January 17, 2010

GS Boulder Cycling Team!


I am so excited to announce that I will be racing with the GS Boulder Cycling Team in 2010!  Since my return from Worlds I have really struggled with what to do, how to do and when to do just about anything related to my training and my 2010 season. In order to make some decisions I've spent tons of time thinking about all the fun I've had in the last 15 years and I came up with 4 things: learning to mountain bike with a different group of friends, adventure racing, bike racing and learning to be faster in all that I do.


My amazing sister gave me a HOT! mountain bike for Christmas so that was clearly a sign I need to jump into Xterras! Yahoo! And I shopped around for bike teams to race with...I am not a seasoned bike racer and I don't have the skills I may need to win races so I was looking for a team that would afford me the opportunity to learn from other cyclists, develop my skills in a group and have fun with new friends. My friend Nicole H introduced me to GS Boulder and she will be racing Category 4 too so I was excited about having at least one person I know to ride with, especially when I can't make the weekend rides in Boulder.

 
After having met with Melissa B we agreed that I would be a good fit for their Cat 4 group. I went to the team meeting at the new TREK Bicycle Store in Boulder and it was so awesome to meet so many people, check out the 2010 kits and hear about all the great things the club is working on!

I can't wait to hit the road with GS Boulder!


1 comment:

Nicole Horst said...

Whoo hooo!!!

I'm so happy to be on the team with you. And I love all the photos from the year. Sweet.

24 Hours to go...

24 Hours to go...

Steamboat Triathlon

Steamboat Triathlon
The Best Fans Ever!

2008 Adventures Start in Moab

2008 Adventures Start in Moab
John and Beth at Delicate Arch