Monday, March 23, 2009

I am so fortunate to have amazing friends all over the country! In the last month I have laughed, danced and hiked with my friend Christine in Colorado and Utah! She came out a couple of weeks ago to visit friends in Boulder, talk business with former colleagues and play with me! Friday night we went to this cool coffee shop in Boulder called the rock and Soul Cafe. Her friend Barry was playing with his new band called the Fazz Band...a mix of Folk and Jazz. It was great fun to hang out, people watch and listen to good music. (I don't recommend the quiche!) The weekend also included a hike to the Stone House on Mt Falcon, a visit to Celestial Seasonings in Boulder with Noell and plenty of good healthy food.

I've also had a couple really fun rides with Nicole in the last month. We ride hard, laugh loud at ourselves and generally have great workouts. Tyler and John and a few other boys have been along for rides too and it is so much fun to press to the top and fly to the bottom!
2 weeks ago I had a trip
to the northeast on business and in 24 hours I got to visit with Alice & Cary, college roomie and her husband, Nicole, her mom and some other friends for a birthday celebration and Murph and his adorable little boy Declan.

And out of the blue my friend Jan emailed and asked if we could have tea. Jan is the "city mouse" and I am the "mountain mouse" for sure. She wears her leather jacket indoors because it is always a part of her ensemble...I wear jackets because I am cold.


Each of these moments with friends made me realize how much my friends mean to me and how important it is to nurture all my relationships, regardless if whether that friend is a triathlete, runner or biker...I am so much more than just a triathlete. I knew this but sometimes it is nice to get a gentle reminder that the universe is always sending me messages and I just need to pay attention once in a while!

No comments:

24 Hours to go...

24 Hours to go...

Steamboat Triathlon

Steamboat Triathlon
The Best Fans Ever!

2008 Adventures Start in Moab

2008 Adventures Start in Moab
John and Beth at Delicate Arch